Community Consultation Form: Re-opening Talbot Farmers Market, Sunday 20 December 2020
An important message from Talbot Farmers Market and Talbot Town Hall Market Committees to reopen on Sunday 20 December 2020
We apologise for the long delay in making these arrangements and thank you for your patience.
As you are aware, government updates with regard to public safety during this time are continually being revised and we will post these changes online as they become available. We would also be grateful that you similarly take responsibility for keeping abreast of any government changes and updates.
The committee is keen to keep the Talbot community and visitors informed of our plans and this notice and VFMA guidelines are also available in hard copy from the Talbot Post Office.
Our aims are to keep everyone safe and these are listed below:
The Talbot Farmers Market and Talbot Town Hall Market committees are working together to ensure regulations are enforced throughout the entire market precinct with everyone’s safety of the utmost importance.
- Market safety guidelines are based on the Victorian Farmers Market Association guidelines as provided below.
- Relevant signage will apply to everyone.
- Visitors will be encouraged to shop and not linger for too long.
- Volunteers, stall holders and visitors will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at entry and exit points and on individual stalls.
- Physical distancing will be monitored.
- Number of visitors entering and exiting the market will be monitored.
- Volunteers will oversee Covid19Safe regulations are followed by everyone.
- Visitors will not be allowed to enter the market prior to the opening time of 9.00am.
- Stall holders will be supplied with a list of CovidSafe requirements as recommended by the Victorian Farmers Market Association.
- TFM committee, volunteers, stall holders and visitors will be encouraged to familiarise themselves with the latest food safety and coronavirus management guidelines before attending the market.
- Everyone encouraged to download the government CovidSafe app from: https://www.covidsafe.gov.au/
- Goldfields Shire Council have sanctioned the reopening of both markets
- We would welcome your help as a volunteer on market day, please let us know via our Facebook page or leave your details at the Talbot Post Office
- If you wish to respond, please address your comments to TFM Committee and leave at Talbot Post Office or use the response form below:
Victorian farmers market guidelines as provided by the Victorian Farmers Market Association (VFMA) were used to assist us in complying with state and local government requirements for our market to proceed during this time. https://www.vfma.org.au/